U.S. Federal Trade Commission Chairman Jon Leibowitz announced on Monday that David C. Vladeck, director of the FTC’s Bureau of Consumer Protection, is leaving the Commission on December 31, 2012 to return to the Georgetown University Law Center.
This website is for general information purposes only. Information posted is not intended to be legal advice. For more information, please see the Disclaimer and Privacy Notice links.
Computerworld magazine has named Hunton & Williams the top firm for privacy for the fourth consecutive year based on a survey of more than 4,000 corporate privacy professionals.
SubscribeSubscribe to receive email updates
Please note that we use GIFs and Google Analytics performance cookies on our blog websites and in our newsletters in order to collate aggregate and anonymised statistical data about our websites and marketing campaigns. By subscribing, you agree to these cookies being served on your computer or other electronic device.
- Behavioral Advertising
- Centre for Information Policy Leadership
- European Union
- Financial Privacy
- Health Privacy
- Identity Theft
- Information Security
- Multimedia Resources
- Online Privacy
- Security Breach
- U.S. Federal Law
- U.S. State Law
- Workplace Privacy
- California bill would prevent genetic-testing firms from using surreptitiously obtained DNA May 22, 2013_ If you want to keep your DNA to yourself, be sure not to leave any stray hairs, Q-tips or underwear lying around. There are genetic testing companies out there willing to reveal your most intimate biological secrets to anybody -- without your knowledge... […]
- California bill would prevent genetic-testing firms from using surreptitious DNA May 22, 2013If you want to keep your DNA to yourself, be sure not to leave any stray hairs, Q-tips or underwear lying around. There are genetic testing companies out there willing to reveal your most intimate biological secrets to anybody -- without your knowledge... […]
- DOJ invoked Espionage Act in calling Fox News reporter criminal 'co-conspirator' May 22, 2013IRS hearing raises more questions than answers The Justice Department did more than seize a Fox News reporter's emails while suggesting he was a criminal "co-conspirator" in a leak case -- it did so under one of the most serious wartime laws in America,... […]
- Defense attorneys release scores of photos, preparing for George Zimmerman trial May 22, 2013_ Defense attorneys have just released scores of new photos as they prepare for the George Zimmerman second-degree murder trial, including new photos of the clothes he and Trayvon Martin wore the night they got into a fight and Zimmerman killed the... […]
- 10 Data Breach Vulnerabilities Revealed May 22, 2013-- Wireless medical devices. A wireless pacemaker can wirelessly transmit patient data 24/7 that could be used to steal, exploit, or tamper with patient's health records, with potentially life-threatening consequences. Rick Kam, president and... […]
- UnitedLex Sponsored Conference Addresses Cyber Risk: Law Firms Under Pressure to Improve Protection of Client Data May 22, 2013Law firms—especially those representing major corporate clients—maintain a virtual treasure trove of sensitive client information. As a result, law firms and their attorneys are increasingly being targeted by cybercriminals seeking an alternative (and... […]
- Big Brother sees you off: Foreigners in US to be fingerprinted upon leaving country May 22, 2013Human rights, Immigration, Law, Politics, Security, USA Travelers visiting the US may have to prepare for more hassles at customs: All foreign nationals leaving the country at 30 airports must have their fingerprints taken, according to a new amendment... […]
- Qualcomm CEO says China 'constantly' attacks it May 22, 2013Hackers could threaten national security, allows enemies abroad to access technology for use in cyber warfare. QUALCOMM CEO Paul Jacobs speaks at the IQ2013 convention in Tel Aviv yesterday. Photo: Niv Elis Chinese hackers constantly attack Qualcomm... […]
- Atradius Collections Releases 7th Edition of its International Debt Collections Handbook May 22, 2013/PRNewswire/ --Atradius Collections, the global expert in domestic and international debt collections, releases the 7th edition of the International Debt Collections Handbook. Two additional countries have been included, Bulgaria and Finland, increasing... […]
- Gemalto Integrates Qualcomm Technology to Enable Rapid and Cost Effective Design and Deployment of M2M Solutions May 22, 2013LAS VEGAS Regulatory News:CTIA Wireless - Gemalto (Euronext NL0000400653 GTO), the world leader in digital security, will add a new module based on the Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. QSC 6270-Turbo chipset to its Cinterion''' portfolio of cellular modules... […]
- California bill would prevent genetic-testing firms from using surreptitiously obtained DNA May 22, 2013